Friday, August 12, 2011

How well do you know your campus?

Working at TU over the summer has really opened my eyes to some of the things on campus I never knew existed. For example, I had no idea that we had four (4) vice presidents. And, not having a car, I only recently learned about a bunch of "secret" parking lots, like the one under Laurie and the faculty lot between the student lot (behind Laurie) and Laurie auditorium.  Or the room under the Witt center with nothing but art supplies? (I've been here for two years, btw)

Also, did anyone else know that it possible to get from the English/Language side of Northrup to the HR side without going outside at all? *shrug* Or maybe I'm just incredibly clueless. 

Well, here are a few things about Trinity that amazed me when I first found out. 

1. The layout of Chapman. I have yet to fully understand it, but from what I can tell, there is actually a section of it on the third floor that you can't get to unless you go up the correct staircase from the first second floor. Ie, it is possible to be on the third floor of Chapman, and be unable to get to the classroom you want to be in that's also on the third floor without going down and up a flight of stairs.
1. a. Also, who can tell me where the door is that leads outside to the tile-waterfall? Yes, I do know the answer. I am just curious to know if anybody else does. 

2. Lightner Tea Room. I feel like I was the last person on earth to find out about that one. And once I did find out about it, it was another six months before I figured out where it was. (on top of Lightner, for those other Emilys out there) The only disadvantage to it is that you can't get there unless you have your Tigercard. I suppose it's good for people who are worried about being followed by creepy people from the streets, but bad if you happen to be one of those people who tend to lose their Tigercard every other week. Not that I would know anything about that. No. Nothing at all. *wanders away*

Discussion question of the week: Suppose you ended up in the Tea Room somehow without your card. Let's say that you went with a friend who had a card, and that friend left with their card, and you said you'd stay behind before realizing you were trapped. And you had no phone. What would you do?

3. I would say the Meditation Garden or that random room stuck to the chapel that is sometimes used as a Mosque (and actually has a second organ in it), but thanks to organ lessons, I know everything about that dang chapel. 
Seriously, though, try coming here at night sometimes. It's very  beautiful when it's all lit up.


4. How about the chaplain's house. Who knew that he lived on campus? Well, I do, because I wrote an article on him earlier this year. Guess where he lives? No, not Oakmont Court. That would be too easy. 

.
.
.
.
.
waiting for people to guess
.
.
.
.
.
.
He lives on Rosewood. There are houses on Rosewood? Yes. One. Only one? Yes. Just one. Just one? Yep. The chaplain's? Yep. Now tell me where Rosewood is. 

5. Bonus question. Tell me where the Communications dept is, as well as the Animal Facility office. Yes, they're both on campus.

Any other places that people felt like they didn't know about for an embarrassingly long time?

No comments:

Post a Comment